The Brenden and Alex Elbaz Memorial Scholarship is a one-time award of $1,000 and was initially established through the Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation and was exclusive to a Lanier High School Student where his mother Joy Crowe was a teacher.
In 2011 Brenden Elbaz, at the age of 23, tragically died of a drug overdose. Nine years later, in 2020, Alex Elbaz at the age of 27, lost his life to Fentanyl Poisoning. Brothers Brenden and Alex were 5 years apart and very close. Both college students at the time. Brenden was a political science major at University of North Ga., formerly known as Gainesville State University, and Alex was a month from graduating Georgia Gwinnett College with a degree in accounting, which was received posthumously.
Brenden and Alex were loved immensely by their family, friends and all those that knew them. They both encountered personal challenges which they battled to overcome, and each will be remembered in that spirit.
- Acceptance to any accredited post- secondary institution
- Write a one-page essay explaining how you faced adversity in your life and exhibited strength in the face of personal challenges. Your essay must include how you were able to overcome the hardship and how it changed you; please share your dreams and aspirations, as well.
You must register the FIRST time you apply ONLY for any online scholarships. After you apply for the first scholarship, all your information will be applied to all scholarships you apply to thereafter. You will only login or logout.
- An email confirmation link will be sent to your email.
- You must click on the link to confirm your email address.
- After confirmation, a second email will arrive in your inbox with your password which will be your student ID#. Your user name will be your email address. <
Once registered, any future online scholarships that you apply for, you will only need to sign in under "User Account" with your user name and password. User Account will be displayed when you scroll over the Scholarships & Grants dropdown menu on the scholarship page of the website.