Celeste Norton Wilbanks Scholarship
(Open to applicants districtwide)Established in 2021 in honor of Celeste Norton Wilbanks, wife of former CEO/Superintendent J. Alvin Wilbanks, a one-time $5,000 scholarship will be awarded by sponsor Peach State Federal Credit Union. In addition, the Gwinnett County Public School Foundation will award a one-time Celeste Norton Wilbanks Scholarship in the amount of $2,500. No additional application is needed to be considered for both. Applicants will be considered for both, but rules exclude both scholarships going to one winner. In recognition of Mrs. Wilbanks legacy as a faithful community servant and dedicated friend, applicants must be a college-bound senior who has demonstrated compassion, citizenship, and strong moral character in his/her local school or community. Requirements:
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submit a typed essay describing (1) what motivated the applicant to become a positive influence and, (2) what effect the applicants positive example had on his/her local school or community
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a school administrator or community leader
- An email confirmation link will be sent to your email.
- You must click on the link to confirm your email address.
- After confirmation, a second email will arrive in your inbox with your password which will be your student ID#. Your user name will be your email address.
Once registered, any future online scholarships that you apply for, you will only need to sign in under "User Account" with your user name and password. User Account will be displayed when you scroll over the Scholarships & Grants dropdown menu on the scholarship page of the website.