*Open to applicants districtwide*
This is awarded in memory of Joe Abraham, who passed away at the young age of 19 due to fentanyl poisoning. The award will provide a $1,000 scholarship to one or more recipients with plans to attend a two or four-year college, university, or accredited trade school.
Eligible recipients can include high school seniors who have had issues with substance abuse and have turned their life around. Recipients can also be seniors who are currently in foster care due to a parent’s substance abuse issues, or students who have been adversely affected by their parent’s drug abuse issues.
- Submit a written essay on one of the following topics: Personal issues with substance abuse and how a path to success has been found, personal experience in foster care because of family substance abuse issues and how a personal path to success has been found, or personal experience with a parent or sibling’s drug abuse issues and how a personal path to success has been found
- Two letters of recommendation required.
Deadline: April 21, 2023
You must register the FIRST time you apply ONLY for any online scholarships. After you apply for the first scholarship, all your information will be applied to all scholarships you apply to thereafter. You will only login or logout.
- A confirmation link will be sent to your email.
- You must click on the link to confirm your email address.
- After confirmation a second email will arrive in your inbox with your password which will be your student ID#. Your user name will be your email address.
for, you will only need to sign in under “User Account” with
your user name and password. User Account will be
displayed when you scroll over the Scholarships & Grants
dropdown menu on the scholarship page of the website.